- The best time to winterize is late September to early November.
Why should I winterize my water sprinkler system?
- Even if you have drained some water out of the system, the remaining water can freeze, expand and crack the PVC piping (rigid, white pipe), usually from fitting to fitting.
- Freezing water in the backflow assembly will damage the internal components and could possibly crack the brass body.
What is the right piping product to use?
- Polyethylene pipe (flexible, black pipe) is used in many freezing climates. Although polyethylene pipe is more flexible and can expand under pressure, water left inside could freeze and rupture the pipe walls.
How is my water sprinkler system winterized?
- We use a commercial grade compressor to blow-out your system. It is not recommended that the homeowner attempt this on their own because there could be potential safety risks. It is recommend to contact your local irrigation specialist.